History

Body: 

The School of Distance and Lifelong Learning (SODLL) formerly known as the Institute of Adult and Continuing Education (IACE) started in 1953 as the Department of Extra-mural Studies to serve the three East African countries. In 1966 the Department of Extra-mural Studies was restructured into the Centre for Continuing Education (CCE). In 1992 CCE was elevated to the level of the Institute of Adult and Continuing Education (IACE) with three departments: Community Education and Extra-mural Studies (CEEMS), Adult Education and Communication Studies (AECS), and Distance Education (DE).  In December 2010, IACE merged with the School of Education to form the College of Education and External Studies.

SODLL has two departments namely: Dept of Open & Distance Learning (DODE) and Dept of Adult & Community Education (DACE)